Sunday 17 May 2009

antique quilt

This is the info and pictures of the antique dutch quilt
my famely owns.
The quilt is dated about 1610
the center is an antique "sits" or "palempore"
imported by the VOC( east india company)
from INDIA at the end of the 16th century.

the size is 183x170 cm (72x67inch)
the condition is not so good anymore, but still it is beautiful.
In the quiltmania number 71 you see him in the hanging in my house see
my blog 9 may 2009.

In the new book of An Moonen page 158 you see the quilt also.
We hope the book will be in english see her website http://www.antiquetextile.info/dutchquilts.htm



This is the back of the quilt.

11 comments:

  1. The colors still look amazing! Is the center tree of life a printed panel or is it appliqued? Thanks so much for sharing!

    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I think I like the back better than the front ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw this quilt I fell in love with it. Wow how lucky that your family owns this quilt and its this old! amazing, the colors are still so beautiful
    I Love the front and the back!
    I love seeing which books you have posted from your book collection!
    Don't you just love your book collection?
    I can spend many hours just sitting looking at all the antique quilts.
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love it thank you for showing it.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sides are very beautiful! A wonderful quilt.
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  6. A two-sided quilt! Love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty, what a treasure !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is stunning! I wish I could make something that would still be around in 400 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful quilt, you are very lucky to have it in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that 1610 right or a mistype error? Love the quilt but amazed at the date....

    ReplyDelete